DANIEL R. COLLINS
228 ROUTE 236
BERWICK, ME 03901
Phone: (207) 698-5707
Contact until September, 1995:
36 MYRTLE STREET
ORONO, ME 04473
Phone: (207) 866-4289
UNIVERSITY OF MAINE (Orono, ME): 1993-1995
- Graduated in May, 1995, with:
- 3.69 GPA at graduation
- Study in: network optimization, statistics, topology
UNIVERSITY OF MAINE (Orono, ME): 1989-1993
- Graduated in May, 1993, with:
- B.A. in Mathematics, Highest Distinction
- B.A. in Philosophy, Highest Distinction
- 3.84 GPA at graduation
- Dean's List each of eight semesters attended
NOBLE HIGH SCHOOL (Berwick, ME): 1985-1989
- Graduated 1989, class valedictorian
- National Honor Society chapter President
- Co-designer of school flag
1993-1995: GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT at the University of Maine (Mathematics Department). Responsible for MAT111, "College Algebra", including all lecturing, test preparation, and grading.
1991-1992: UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE DAIRY RESEARCH CENTER (Durham, NH); daily maintenance at UNH's dairy herd facility.
1989-1990: CUMBERLAND FARMS (Berwick, ME); convenience store overnight clerk, stocker, and janitor.
1980-1992: (Berwick, ME); work on summer haying operations on family farmlands.
- 1993, Outstanding Senior in Philosophy
- 1993, Outstanding Senior in Mathematics
- 1993, elected to Pi Mu Epsilon (Mathematics)
- 1992, elected to to Phi Kappa Phi (General)
- 1992, elected to Phi Beta Kappa (Arts & Humanities)
- 1992, Levinson Award for excellence in philosophical writing
- 1992, nationally ranked participant in the 52nd William L. Putnam Mathematical Competition
- 1991, Roger B. Hill scholarship recipient, Outstanding Junior Philosophy Major
- 1989, recipient of four-year Presidential Scholarship at the University of Maine
- 1989, National Merit Scholar
- 1988, University of Maine Academic Achievement Award
- 1988, Bausch & Lomb Science Award
- Extensive experience programming in the following: C++, PASCAL, FORTRAN, BASIC, and assembly (A86).
- Have written 3D graphics, network optimization, and several games packages.
- Maintained several pages on the World Wide Web; familiar with the HTML language protocol.
- Proficiency with various word processors, spreadsheets, and databases; both IBM and Apple systems.
- Experience writing, shooting, and editting audio and video productions.
- Familiar with the following formats: VHS and SVHS, Beta, Hi-8mm, 3/4" video, Super 8mm film.
Many and diverse; spanning film, video, art, theater, computer theory, philosophy, mathematics, science fiction literature, short fiction writing, and college radio.
- Drummer, promotional director for band "Hurting Daniel" (1995 - present)
- Songwriter, singer, drummer in band "The Pipelords" (1994 - present)
- Data Analyst and Planner, Cathcart for Congress, Lewiston, ME (May - June, 1994)
- Vice-President of the Maine Alliance of Student Moviemakers (The UMaine Video Club) (Sept. 1993 - April 1994)
- Student Director and Stage Manager for "An American Sampler" at the Harry Warren Theater in Brooklyn, NY (August, 1993)
- Student Director and Stage Manager, UM Department of Theatre/Dance 1993 Touring Show (Dec. 1992 - March 1993)
- General Student Senator, University of Maine Student Government (Oct. 1992 - April 1993)
- Campaign Manager, winning Worster/Allen ticket for Student Government President/Vice-President (Dec. 1992 - March 1993)
- Women In Curriculum program speaker (April 1993)
- Producer/Host of "In The Lions' Den", call-in radio talk show on WMEB radio (Sept. 1991 - April 1992)
Available upon request.